Because protecting your privacy is very important to Sproutserver we operate our web site under the following guidelines to safeguard you personally identifiable information:
Sproutserver policies and procedures for handling customer information have been created with the understanding that internet technologies are still evolving and that internet business methods are continuing to evolve to meet the needs and opportunities of the changing technologies. As a result, Sproutserver policies and procedures are subject to change.
Disclosure of Customer Information and Communications
Sproutserver will not otherwise disclose its customer personal and account information unless Sproutserver has reason to believe that disclosing such information is necessary to identify, make contact with, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing harm or interfering with the rights or property of Sproutserver, Sproutserver customers, or others, or where Sproutserver has a good faith belief that the law requires such disclosure.
Use of Personally Identifiable Information
We will use your personally identifiable information only as follows:
- For payment purposes and to provide customer support;
- To announce special offers or provide other information from time to time via email. We may also send email announcing special offers by our third parties, but we will not provide the third parties with your email address or other personally identifiable information. If you do not wish to receive these emails, you may opt out of future emails at any time by following the instructions included in the email. However by doing so, you may miss important communication regarding your service.
- To improve our service and the marketing of our service. For example, we may use the information we gather from user surveys, demographic data, and web site visits to help us improve or target our web site and customize your visit.
We will not provide any personally identifiable information about you to any other person other than:
- a law enforcement or regulatory agency at their request;
- a person or company who acquires our business;
- third parties who perform services on our behalf (such as payment processing), subject to the third party agreeing with us that it will keep your personally identifiable information confidential; or
- As otherwise needed to protect or enforce or rights or the rights of others.
We absolutely do not transfer or sell your information for inclusion on third party email or other marketing lists.
Sproutserver also will not, except for reasons stated below, disclose to third parties the contents of any electronic mail or other electronic communication that Sproutserver stores or transmits for its customers. The circumstances under which Sproutserver will disclose such electronic customer communications are when:
- It is necessary in order to provide service to the customer.
- It is necessary to protect the legitimate interests of Sproutserver and its customers.
- It is required to cooperate with interception order, warrants, or other legal process that Sproutserver determines in its sole discretion to be valid and enforceable; and
- It is necessary to provide to a law enforcement agency when the contents are inadvertently obtained by Sproutserver and appear to pertain to the commission of a crime.
- Sproutserver disclaims any intention to censor, edit or engage in ongoing review or surveillance of communication stores on or transmitted through its facilities by customer or others. Sproutserver will however, review, delete or block access to communications that may harm Sproutserver, its customers or third parties. The grounds on which Sproutserver may take such action include, but are not limited to, actual or potential violation of Sproutserver policies.
Use of Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We may share aggregate statistical data about our customers with third parties, such as advertisers or suppliers. This aggregate statistical data will not identify you personally.
Sproutserver may provide links to its partners and other internet sites. These sites have separate data and privacy polices independent of Sproutserver, and Sproutserver disclaims any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions.
Sproutserver will protect the confidentiality of its customer’s information, account information and personal communications to the fullest extent possible and consistent with the law and the legitimate interests of Sproutserver, its partners, its employees and other customers of Sproutserver services. To protect the loss, misuse and alteration of information that is collected from customers, Sproutserver has appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures in place.
Modification of Customer Information
Customers may modify their personal information by logging into their account. Domain name customers, who have registered a domain name with Sproutserver and wish to change any registration information, should be able to do so by logging into their account. It is important to note that customer domain name registration information is made publicly available in the registry of domain names. In the event you lose your password and the email address on record with is no longer valid, a direct request is required; therefore it is important to keep your domain name contact email addresses current as well as your email address with Sproutserver.
Our service is not available to children under the age of thirteen (13), and we will not intentionally maintain information about anyone under the age of 13.